Marching Band 2021
Registration Guide - Action Required
Click here to read the Registration Guide with information and links to complete all steps of the registration process and the associated payments for the 2021 season.
Click here to read the Marching Band Handbook which is required for all members and their parent/guardian as part of the registration process.
The payment schedule is below. Fee #1 is due March 19th. School Fee payments be made via EZ Pay starting Monday March 1st.
- Fee 1: Due MAR 19: MB SCHOOL FEE 1 $350 | via EZPay or check to Mason City Schools
- Fee 2: Due MAY 1: MB SCHOOL FEE 2 $350 | via EZPay or check to Mason City Schools
- Fee 3: Due JUN 1: MB CONSUMABLE FEE* | via CreditCard in Charms or check to Mason Band Boosters
- Fee 4: Due JUL 1: MB STUDENT EXPERIENCE FEE 1 $325 | via CreditCard in Charms or check to Mason Band Boosters
- Fee 5: Due AUG 1: MB STUDENT EXPERIENCE FEE 2 $325 | via CreditCard in Charms or check to Mason Band Boosters
- Fee 6: Due SEP 1: MB SCHOOL FEE 3 $250 | via EZPay or check to Mason City Schools
*Amount due for Consumable Fee varies by student and section. Families are required to complete the Consumable Fee Calculator Form by May 1st (link available April 5th). If the form is not completed, your student's account will be automatically assessed the full new or returning marcher package fee. This fee ranges from $140---$375.
For Color Guard Students, you have two options:
- OPTION 1: Follow the regular payment schedule. If a student does not make the Color Guard, all fees will be refunded.
- OPTION 2: Follow the payment schedule modified for Color Guard students. After Color Guard auditions have been completed, fees are Due MAY 1: Fee 1 ($350) + Fee 2 ($350) = $700 | via EZPay or check to Mason City Schools.
In order to qualify for a refund, the Marching Band Drop form must be completed indicating the date of drop decision. Based on the timestamp in the MB Drop form, the student will be eligible for refunds as follows:
- $150 of School Fee 1 is non-refundable
- $200 of School Fee 1 and all $350 of School Fee 2 are refundable until June 7th, 2021
- Both Student Experience Fees and School Fee 3 are non-refundable
- The Consumable fee is partially refundable for items not yet ordered for your student. (determined by the time stamp of the Drop Form and review of items already ordered)
Need Based Scholarship
Need-based financial aid scholarship for Student Experience Fees from the Mason Band Boosters is available for students who qualify. Documentation of financial hardship will need to be submitted with your application to be considered for financial support. Families must apply for financial assistance through the scholarship program (LINK) to be considered for any fee support. Applications due April 15, 2021.
How to Pay Fees
Marching Band fees include two different types of fees that are paid through different online resources.
2) Student Experience Fees: Paid electronically through Charms. for more information about paying these Fees, click here. Student Experience Fees may also be paid by check to "Mason Band Boosters." Please include student name and ID in the memo line and mail to:
Mason Band Boosters
PO Box 310
Mason, OH 45040
3) Consumables Fees: Paid electronically through Charms. For more information about paying these fees, click here. Student Experience Fees may also be paid by check following the same instructions above.
The Band uses Charms to manage and track payment of Mason City Schools Marching Band and Concert Band fees as well as Mason Band Booster Travel Fees. You will receive monthly invoices if you have a balance due for Marching Band school fees, Marching Band Travel Fees, Concert Band, Winter Guard or Winter Percussion.
Click here to find out how to access your personal financial statement on Charms and how to read your financial statement.
All Health & Medical Forms Must be Submitted Electronically!
Send Central OTC DMS forms to Registration@MasonBandBoosters.com
Send Student Care Plan Forms to MedicalSecretary@MasonBandBoosters.com
With electronic forms, we can process them faster & you will always have a copy since you keep the original paper version! Also, our DMS forms are shared with the School Nurse, so you only have to submit once.
If you need to order additional uniform parts throughout the year, you can do so at the link below.