Band Notes Sept 26, 2021
Monday, September 27
- Full Band Rehearsal, 3pm to 6pm
- Sign ups due for band photos taking place on September 29.
Tuesday, September 28
- Full Band Rehearsal, 6pm to 9pm
- Car Raffle Tickets Drop Off/Pick up - 8-9:15pm, near rehearsal
Wednesday, September 29
- No Band
- Second Individual Photo Day; Staff Dining Room (See below for scheduling information)
Thursday, September 30
- Brass and Woodwind Rehearsal 3pm to 6pm
- Color Guard and Percussion Rehearsal 6pm to 9pm
- Car Raffle Tickets Drop Off/Pick up - 5:30-6:15pm, near rehearsal
Friday, October 1
- Full Band Rehearsal 3-5:30pm
- Dinner 6:00pm
- Family Showcase/Senior Night 8:00 pm; Gates Open at 7:15 pm (More details below)
Saturday, October 2
- Full Band Rehearsal 1-9pm (Bring your Own Dinner--Dinner at 5pm)
- Car Raffle Tickets Drop Off/PIck up - 8-9:15pm, near rehearsal
Future planned events can be found on the updated band calendar: Mason Band Calendar
ATTENTION SENIORS AND SENIOR FAMILIES!
Please see the flyer below for some important information on Senior Night and links to some forms that we need you, adults AND students to complete Tonight!
The two forms due TONIGHT are:
- Senior Recognition Form - TO BE COMPLETED BY THE STUDENT. Requests escort information for Senior night and some fun questions to answer for a special project! Please make sure you complete the Escort information at a minimum so we know who will be on the field with you! Other questions are optional.
- Senior Ad Message for Invitational Program - TO BE COMPLETED BY THE PARENTS OR FAMILY!
Please be sure to complete so we know who will be escorting the Senior and we can get your message to your Senior in the Invitational program!
PARENTS AND STUDENTS! PLEASE STOP BY THE CAR RAFFLE TABLE ON TUESDAY NIGHT FROM 8-9:15PM TO COLLECT SOME SENIOR NIGHT SWAG AND INSTRUCTIONS!
FAMILY SHOWCASE/SENIOR NIGHT OCTOBER 1
3-5:30 Rehearsal after School
6:00--Senior Dinner (Students/Directors) -Small Commons (Provided)
6:00--Junior, Sophomore, and Freshman Dinner -Large Commons (Provided by the Boosters--Papa John’s Cheese Pizza, Apples/Oranges, Gatorade)
7:15--Gates Open at Atrium Stadium
8:00--Family Showcase and Senior Night
LESS THAN 2 WEEKS LEFT!
WE NEED YOUR HELP GETTING TO 3000!
- Please keep selling raffle tickets! - Pick up some more if you need to. As always, you can direct eligible participants to our online form anytime: Mason Bands Car Raffle Tickets
- Pick up some cards and leave in your breakroom at work!
- Pick up some flyers and hang at your gym, break room, community bulletin boards, etc.
- Share the flyer to your neighborhood facebook page or on Instagram!
Ticket Drop off/Pick up events this week will be:
- Tuesday, 9/28 - 8-9:15pm, near rehearsal
- Thursday, 9/30 - 5:30-6:15pm, near rehearsal
- Saturday, 10/2 - 8-9:15pm, near rehearsal
Thank you to everyone who has been doing such a wonderful job of selling! We appreciate your engagement and support!
Questions? - Please direct those to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10/9 MASON INVITATIONAL--STUDENT SCHEDULE
Sharing the initial student schedule for the Mason Invitational so families can plan to fill their volunteer shifts! Note during the 2:30-4:30 time students may remain on campus and go to the stadium to watch bands or they may leave for a break. Dinner and performance prep for their exhibition performance start at 4:30.
9:00-2:15 Rehearsal (BYO Lunch--Lunch 12-12:45)
2:30-4:30 Opportunity to Watch Bands Perform or Break
4:30 Dinner (Provided)
7:45 Mason Performance!
8:00 Stay at Stadium through Awards
9:00 Dismiss (tentative time--post awards and changing out of uniform)
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR THE MASON INVITATIONAL 10/9
One of our biggest local events is quickly approaching. On October 9th our marching band will be hosting the Mason Invitational. This is a fantastic event for both our students and other bands in the area to showcase and get feedback on their shows that they have been working so hard to put together. It truly takes a village to make this wonderful opportunity happen for young musicians. We cannot pull off an event of this magnitude without the help of every single band family.
As a gentle reminder each family agreed at the beginning of the year to work at least one shift of the Invitational. Many of you have already signed up to help. That is a testament to how wonderful our band families happen to be! Thank you! We are very appreciative!
For those of you who have not signed up yet, you may now do so through Charms. The following is a list of the links to sign up for each area. Job descriptions can be found there as well. Slots are first come first serve so the earlier you sign up, the greater the chances you find an area that suits you best.
- Bake sale: Click Here
- Bake sale donations: Click Here for important information from the coordinator; Click Here to sign up! **Please note: Baked Good donations do not count as volunteer hours, but are very appreciated.
- Car raffle: Click Here
- Concessions: Click Here
- Guest/VIP Parking: Click Here
- Hospitality: Click Here
- Hospitality Food and Drink Donations: Click Here Items can be dropped off near the Car Raffle table during rehearsals from 5:15-6:15pm on Mondays and Thursdays and 8:15-9:15pm on Tuesday. **Please note: Food and drink donations do not count as volunteer hours, but are very appreciated.
- Monetary Donations for hospitality: Click Here **Please note: Monetary donations do not count as volunteer hours, but are very appreciated
- Ticket and Programming: Click Here
- Ushers: Click Here
- Volunteer Check-In/Information Table: Click Here
- Band Guides/Band Check-In: Click Here
- Spirit Booth: Click Here
If you have any questions, please contact our competitions team at email@example.com. Thanks again for your help in making the Mason Invitational a fun and successful event!
SPONSOR A TROPHY FOR THE MASON INVITATIONAL
Marching Band Families! Please consider sponsoring a trophy for the Mason Band Invitational! What does it mean to sponsor a trophy? For $25, your family name gets listed in the program as the Trophy sponsor and you can have your student present the trophy during the awards ceremony to the winning Band for each category on Saturday, October 9, 2021! There are 50 Trophies available to sponsor! If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Hurry, the deadline is THIS FRIDAY, October 1, 2021!
WE APPRECIATE THE MASON SCHOOLS FOUNDATION GRANTS
This year the Mason Band program received two important grants from the Mason Schools Foundation. At MMS, directors requested $2150 for MMS Band: Tuning Up for Success! This grant provides the MMS team new tuners, microphones and access to the new Harmony Director 300 program. Mr. Hinson shared, “It is an incredible tool that provides an aural representation of many teaching concepts in our curriculum that cannot be replicated by a computer or band instrument. Student musical success with this tool is increased exponentially, because students can hear concepts as the teacher explains verbally.”
The Marching Band received $2700 as part of the Marching Band: Personalized Visual Learning grant. Mr. Sleepy explained, “This grant provided all marching band students access to a marching band drill program called: "Ultimate Drill Book." This program allows the user to see our custom-created drill for the marching band show in a computerized animation on their phone or tablet.”
All Band Families are invited to the Mason Schools Foundation Gala!
Date: 10/30/21 6pm-11pm at Manor House in Mason
This fundraiser is not a Mason Bands activity, but is put on by the Mason Schools Foundation to support school programs, like providing school supplies to all students in need, piloting innovative new ideas and supporting band and performing arts items that are above and beyond the district’s support. MSF invests $100,000 in grants to the school district annually.
WE ARE SO PROUD OF OUR MARCHING BAND!!
Congratulations to all of the William Mason Marching Band members for their amazing performance last night at the Lebanon MSBA Competition! The band looked and sounded fantastic! A special thanks to all of our parent volunteers who helped move, feed, dress and take care of the band this weekend! The Lebanon Marching Band hosted a fun and well organized event and we are so grateful to be able to participate in competitions again! We cannot wait for what is to come.
TIME TO ORDER AND SCHEDULE PROFESSIONAL PHOTOS!
Each year the Band Boosters organize professional portraits for the Marching Band. Appointments for individual portraits will be on Wednesday Sept 29th.
- In addition to individual portraits of your student, you can order Full Band Panoramic and Section photos taken after the Heritage Day Parade.
- Families interested in ordering should view the full details here on MasonBands.com. You will find information about scheduling individual appointments, what to wear, & how to reschedule or cancel if needed. You will also find the refund policy.
- You can schedule your appointment and order photos through the Order Form. Appointment slots will pop up once package selections are made. Portrait options are described in this Flyer.
ATTN Guard Members: unfortunately your uniforms have not arrived in time for this week’s portrait session. Please look for an email to determine if you want your photo in your M Dress this week or if you’d like to reschedule for a later TBD date in your uniform.
THANK YOU TONY’S PIZZERIA AND CATERING!!
Thank you Tony's Pizzeria & Catering in downtown Mason for sponsoring our send off pasta meal for the Marching Band yesterday! They loved it! We are very appreciative of your support of our kids.
DINE AND DONATE - OCTOBER 13TH!
Our next Dine and Donate will be Wednesday, October 13th from 2:00 pm - 10:00pm. Carrabba’s will donate twenty percent of your check back to the band. Simply present this flyer or mention that you are a band supporter!
SMUG MUG PHOTOS - CHECK THEM OUT!
Our amazing Photo Corps have been capturing images all season. These photos are available for you to view/download for free from our SmugMug Site here. Check out these recent galleries: Lebanon MSBA Rehearsals Football Games. If you need the password, send an email to email@example.com.
PLEASE KEEP STUDENT PHYSICALS CURRENT ALL SEASON
If your student’s physical expires in Final Forms, they will not be able to participate. Please pay attention and act when you receive notifications from Final Forms as well as our Registration Coordinator, Jennifer Weaver. We are having to invest significant time to track down students and families not keeping up with their physicals. If your physical expires during the season, your student is not able to participate in Marching Band rehearsals, football games, or events until a current physical with clearance to participate is uploaded. Make sure to download the PPE physician form prior to your student’s annual well check or if you need to get one done quickly, there are several options nearby such as Kroger Little Clinic, CVS Minute Clinic, etc. Remember after the physical, you must upload the new physical to Final Forms.