Band Notes Nov 7, 2021
Sunday, November 7
- Grand Nationals Travel Waivers Due Tonight at 9pm (see below)
Monday, November 8
- Full Band Rehearsal at W2W; 3pm-6pm
- Uniform Drop Off at W2W (for those who washed this weekend)
- Optional COVID-19 Test available at end of rehearsal (parent must be present)
Tuesday, November 9
- Full Band Rehearsal at W2W; 3pm-5:30pm
- Optional COVID-19 Test available at the end of rehearsal (parent must be present)
- Grand Nationals Band Aid/Chaperone Meeting via Zoom; 7:30pm (Link will be sent prior to the meeting)
Wednesday, November 10
- Full Band Rehearsal followed by Student Travel Meeting at W2W; 3pm-6:00pm
- This rehearsal will be in full uniform so bring your appropriate performance clothes!
Thursday, November 11--Grand Nationals Prelim Day!
- 8:30 am Students arrive with rehearsal and performance gear
- Eat breakfast prior to arrival
- Full Band Rehearsal at W2W 9am-noon
- Lunch at Marion's Pizza (Buses will transport students); 12:30pm
- Send off to Indianapolis; 1:30pm (See below for details)
- Preliminary performance 6:45pm
- Return to Mason 10:30-11:00pm Drop off will be at W2W (See link with detailed itinerary below-Remind will be sent when buses leave Indianapolis)
Friday, November 12--Grand Nationals Travel Day!
- 8:30 am Students arrive at W2W with luggage (see packing list below)
- Please eat breakfast prior to arrival.
- Full Band Rehearsal at W2W 9am-noon
- Chick-fil A lunch on Bus; Travel to Indianapolis and Check into JW Marriott
- Watch Prelims at Lucas Oil Stadium and Attend Semifinals Announcement; (See link with detailed itinerary below)
Saturday, November 13-Grand Nationals Day
- BOA Grand Nationals Semifinals and Finals--Schedule will be shared late Friday night after semi-finals announcement.
Sunday, November 14-Grand Nationals Travel Day
- Students Return to Mason 11:30am to 12pm Drop-off at Mason High School (See link with detailed itinerary below)
- Catch up on your sleep, 1pm-?? :)
Future planned events can be found on the updated band calendar: Mason Band Calendar
REHEARSALS THIS UPCOMING WEEK
Full band rehearsals are scheduled this week at Wall 2 Wall. Please see above for practice times and end times. Monday through Wednesday we encourage students to drive themselves to Wall 2 Wall and to carpool as appropriate. Just like last week, we will have two buses available to transport students from the High School who do not have their own ride. Thursday and Friday we highly encourage parents to drop their students off at W2W rather than allowing them to drive themselves. This will free up spots for other groups that use Wall 2 Wall and will be safer than leaving cars there over the weekend.
Prior to rehearsal it will once again be helpful to have a crew of students who have early release arrive at W2W early to help tape the field, begin to unload the trailer and set up. Students may not leave regular class early to help set up; this opportunity is only for students who have early release and are able to transport themselves to W2W to help.
The big week has finally arrived!! Soon we will be able to show the world the amazing show our kids and directors have put their heart and soul into the past several months! No matter what happens this weekend, we could not be more proud and amazed with all that you have accomplished together this season. Enjoy and soak in every moment because this is a special experience that many can only dream of doing. Most importantly, have fun!
The following link contains everything you need to know about this weekend’s trip. In it you will find the daily schedules, health and safety protocols, packing lists, meals, etc.
Please Note: Transportation Travel Waivers Are Due Tonight
-Only needed if your student is not using the bus!
-Students must be checked in and out in person
-Thursday After Prelims at Bullseye: 2021 Thursday Prelims Travel Waiver
-After Finals/Sunday JW: 2021 GN Post-Finals Travel Waiver
Remember: Students will return home Thursday night and then go back to Indianapolis again on Friday!
Medications: All medications and forms should have been dropped off yesterday. Please contact Lisa Oldham our medical secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org if your student is prescribed a new medication this week that will need to be taken during Grand Nats.You will need a signed DMS form, so refer to the Travel Briefing for links to those forms.
Tickets: Tickets for this weekend’s events can be purchased HERE. You will need to have the Ticketmaster App on your phone because the tickets are paperless.
School Attendance: Parents do not need to inform the school that their child will not be in school Thursday or Friday. The directors have already informed the school. Students should connect personally with their teachers to discuss any make-up work needed.
Special Meals: If your student has special dietary needs, accommodations will be made based on their particular need. Students who require alternative meals will receive more information prior to our trip.
Remind: Communication to parents throughout the trip will be done through Remind. This will include bus arrival times, performance updates and important schedule changes.
Packing List for Friday/Saturday:
- Instrument/Flags/Rifles with travel tags
- Backpack or day bag for bus with travel tag
- Overnight Bag with travel tag
- Performance Clothes (including underlayers!)
- 2 Casual Outfits, socks, underwear, shoes, for Sat/Sunday
- Jacket/ Sweatshirt/hat
- Overnight gear and toiletries (toothbrush, deodorant, brush, etc,)
- Mask for Bus
- Portable Charger for Phone
- Spending Money for Lucas Oil (Cashless so Credit Card or station to transition cash to card required)
If you have any questions, please contact Mindy Patton at email@example.com.
CONGRATULATIONS AND THANKS!!
Congratulations to the 2021 Class AAAAA Champions the William Mason Band and to all the bands who put on incredible shows last night!! It was a fun night that would not have been possible without the help of many amazing volunteers, directors, parents, and supporters. Thanks to you all!! Special thanks to Shannon Walton, Byron Walton, Ken Callow, and Sam Gonzalez for their leadership in organizing and running the competition.
SPIRIT COMMITTEE UPDATE
Jewelry Sale: Online only for end of year/senior gifts. Items ordered now will be available for pick up prior to the Award Ceremony: ORDER HERE
MSBA T-Shirts: Order your MSBA shirts online only HERE through November 13th at Midnight.
Buttons and Flags: A limited number of buttons and flags are still available for sale. Purchases can be made during the last half hour of practice Monday this week.
Decorating - 9th:
- Tuesday after school at 3:00pm - enter band doors
- Decorating the band hall, band room, and band lockers
- Bring your own posters if you have them, if not we will have some you can help with
- For those of you who can’t make it to decorate Tuesday, you can drop off your posters at Wall 2 Wall by the end of practice Monday. We will hang them in the school for you when we decorate Tuesday.
Take Down - 10th:
- Wednesday spirit will take down the decorations after school at 3pm
- Some will be transported to Indy for decorating Bullseye and the hospitality suite
- Student specific posters you wish to keep should be picked up this time if you want to save them.
Send Off - 11th:
- Thursday at Marion’s Pizza Tylersville Rd. 1:30pm
- Meet at 1:15pm to send of the students and wish them luck
- Bring your own signs/flags or borrow some of ours.
SAVE THE DATE FOR THE MARCHING BAND AWARDS NIGHT
Please mark the evening of November 30th at 6:30pm on your calendar for this year’s marching band awards night. This will be a fun evening to celebrate each band member's achievements throughout the marching band season and to reminisce on all of the amazing moments we have all shared together. You won’t want to miss it! The event will take place in the High School Auditorium.
PANO/SECTION PHOTO UPDATE
For those who ordered Pano/Section photos, we were hoping to have those ready for pickup at Awards Night on Nov 30th. Unfortunately, there are supply shortages of the frames, so it is unlikely they will be in by Nov 30th. We will keep you updated.
COMING SOON - MEMORY BOOK ORDER FORM
Each year, a group of talented parents prepare a Memory Book that captures all the amazing moments of our season using SmugMug photos from our dedicated Photo Corps parent/alumni volunteers. This keepsake is a wonderful remembrance for students/families and we will share an order form soon.
HEADS UP- POINSETTIA SALE COMING SOON…
Poinsettia Sale Dates: 11/14 - 11/24 (launch right after Grand Nats)
Colors: 6.5” potted poinsettias in red, pink, marble (pink and white mix), and burgundy
Pickup: Friday the 3rd 5:30-8 and Saturday the 4th - from 10-12.
Teacher Thank you Special: Poinsettia + $10 Starbucks or Chipotle Giftcard delivered directly to your teacher's desk for $25.
FUTURE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBERS NEEDED
We are looking for leaders passionate about our program to help lead our Boosters organization into the future! We will have several openings on our Executive committee due to parents who will be “graduating” with their Seniors. If you think you would like to become more involved and bring new ideas to our team, please reach out to Shannon Wielinga at firstname.lastname@example.org or any current Executive Committee member to discuss. We would love to talk to you!
SMUG MUG PHOTOS - CHECK THEM OUT!
Our amazing Photo Corps have been capturing images all season. These photos are available for you to view/download for free from our SmugMug Site here. Check out the MSBA Championships and November Rehearsals (+more photos will be added soon).
If you need the password, send an email to email@example.com.
THANK YOU MASON BAND SPONSOR WALL 2 WALL SOCCER!
Wall 2 Wall is the Mason home to our local indoor rehearsals. We appreciate W2W generously discounting our rental rate to allow our marching band to rehearse on their full-size indoor football field. Wall 2 Wall offers both youth and adult soccer leagues throughout the year.