Band Notes July 25, 2021
Monday, July 26th
- Band Camp Week #2 begins! 9am-5pm (Please see Band Camp document below for detailed schedule and theme day information for the week.)
- Anxiety and Mental Wellness Training for Band Aids, Chaperones and Staff, High School KIVA, 7pm-8pm; Make Up Band Aid/Chaperone Annual Training Immediately following Anxiety Training. (See below for more details)
- Pass out at least 5 Tag Day flyers that include a personal note to friends and neighbors.
Thursday, July 29th
- All Band History Night- 7:45pm to 10pm, MHS
Saturday, July 31
- Tag Day (More details below)
- 2021 Sponsorship Deadline
Sunday, August 1
- Experience Fee #2 Due-$325 to Mason Band Boosters
- Send Tag Day emails to out of town friends and family
Monday, August 2
- Band Camp Week #3 begins! 9am-9pm (Please see Band Camp document below for detailed schedule.)
Future planned events can be found on the updated band calendar: Mason Band Calendar
BAND CAMP 2021
Please carefully review all the important information in the BAND CAMP INFO DOCUMENT. It includes important reminders and detailed schedule information. We are looking forward to a fantastic camp!
ORDER YOUR MASON BAND SWAG!
Mason Band Families, are you ready to cheer on your student and show your support this season? Don't forget to order your Mason Band Swag! You can order items two ways.
First, order directly from the boosters via Jot Form: https://form.jotform.com/Masonbands/Spirit. These items include car magnets, yard signs, hand banners, pop sockets and similar non wearable items. Items ordered through this form by Tuesday, August 3rd will be available for pick up Thursday, August 5th and Friday, August 6th from 8 to 9:30 PM at the end of camp. For those who ordered items before Mini Camp and were unable to pick them up before the parent preview, you can pick your items up at this time as well!
Second, order shirts, hats, shorts, and similar items from Friday Threads: https://www.fridaythreads.com/store/mason-band-spirit-wear. Many items have several color/customization options available so be sure to check for options by selecting the item to view more details. These items are made custom to order and have a standard turn around time of 2 weeks. Choose shipping or pick up in store when you submit your order. The store is being updated to add a few new items next week. For our new band families, we also offer several one time only fun/non standard Band Logo items throughout the season and will let you know when those items are available so be on the lookout!
Tour shirts will be available for order by family members in early August. We will share the link to order at that time. Please note this will be the ONLY time you will have the opportunity to order EXTRA Tour Shirts. Your student will receive a short sleeve tour shirt as part of their consumable fees so you do not need to order a shirt for them unless you want to order them an extra t-shirt, long sleeve or crewneck.
Questions, or interested in helping with spirit this year, please contact: email@example.com
PARENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
We still need help! There are many opportunities to get a behind the scenes look at the band camp experience! Please check out the volunteer opportunities in Charms to help with snack, check-in, tag day and more. These jobs do not require full chaperone training and we welcome new and returning parents. Some jobs are only an hour! For example, we need help serving a snack every day 3:15-4:15.
Any questions, please contact Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org
UNIFORMS: FITTINGS FOR MUSICIANS AND SUMMER UNIFORMS
If you ordered a polo or shorts for the summer uniform, they will be distributed at the student's uniform fitting. Instrumentalists must have their summer uniforms for tag day (July 31) which includes the Mason Band polo, black band shorts, short black socks, black belt, and dark colored sneakers. If students need these shorts or polos, they can be ordered through masonbands.com (Resources/Uniform Store)
Each musician needs to sign up for a second fitting slot to try on their competition uniform for hemming. Signups will be available on Charms. Juniors and Seniors had their fittings the first week of band camp. Freshmen and Sophomores will sign-up for a fitting on Monday or Tuesday of the second week of camp. Fittings will be at the high school. Please wear shorts & t-shirts (what you would wear to marching band rehearsals is great!)
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
- Login into your Charms account.
- Click on Volunteers
- Click on Freshman and Sophomore Fittings from the drop down box if your student is in 9th or 10th grade.
- Pick a time slot and fill out required information
A more detailed Charms login and signup guides can be found here.
Please email email@example.com with any questions regarding the summer uniform or fittings.
STUDENT PHYSICALS ARE PAST DUE
Please make sure your student’s PPE Physical is current in Final Forms. Student must have a current physical uploaded in order to participate in band camp. Physicals must remain current throughout the season. If your student’s physical expires during the season, you must schedule their appointment and upload their signed PPE Physical form to Final Forms before it expires. It's easy to get a physical from your child's doctor if they've had a well check during the year or you can get one quickly completed from Kroger Little Clinic, CVS Minute Clinic, etc.
Refer to the 'how to' guide here for the details about downloading and uploading to Final Forms. You can find links to the latest registration info on MasonBands.com here. If you have any questions about the registration process, please email Registrataion@MasonBandBoosters.com.
BAND SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Did you know that most of our sponsors are affiliated with a Mason Band family in some aspect? Do you have a great relationship with a local business owner or are you a business owner who is interested in sponsoring the band while we promote your business on social media, at events and on our tour shirts and semi trailers? Sponsorship is a win-win opportunity for all involved. Sponsorships can be in the form of cash contributions or “in-kind” donations such as food, supplies, deep discounts, etc. in exchange for promotional benefits.
To learn more about the benefits of becoming a sponsor, please visit https://www.masonbands.com/sponsorship/. If you have a business in mind, but would like for us to reach out on your behalf, we would be happy to. Just send the business name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will certainly reach out to them ASAP.
The deadline for 2021 Sponsorship opportunities is quickly approaching. In order to receive the full benefits of being a 2021 Sponsor, the Sponsorship needs to be paid and business logo needs to be submitted by July 31, 2021. NEW THIS YEAR: You can input all information and pay for the sponsorship online using the following link: Mason Bands Sponsorship Form.
We appreciate all of our Sponsors and couldn’t run this program without their support!
TAG DAY 2021!!
- Pass out at least 5 flyers that include a personal note to friends and neighbors.
- Send emails to out of town friends and family
- Like and Share our Social Media Posts
Saturday July 31st...
Students should arrive at their location at 9:30 or 12:30
- Sign up locations and times can be found here.
Students should wear their summer uniform and bring water:
- Band: Black Shorts & Green Polo
- Guard: Black Shorts & Spirit Shirt
Tag Day Donation Locations:
Mason Middle School
Speedway (42 & Tylersville)
Staples (Mason Montgomery)
Kroger (Mason Montgomery)
Kroger (Kings Mills)
Fun and Prizes…
- Every marcher who raises a total of $50 in donations OR receives 5 total donations will get a 2021 Show Themed laptop sticker.
- Any marcher who raises over $500 in donations receives a Speedy Freeze Gift Card
- Section Social Media Challenge- Each Section will be encouraged to complete a Social Media Challenge. The section with the most points will receive a Popsicle Party during the last week of Band Camp.
- Top Fundraising Location receives a social media shout out with team picture.
Thanks to All Givers…
- $50+ donation - 2 tickets to the Mason Bands Invitational
- $10+ donation - key tag or window sticker (Live - Drive Up and Donate Event ONLY)
We need quite a few volunteers for this event! We will need two volunteers at each location (at least one of the volunteers must be a trained band aid/ chaperone)! Sign ups are available in Charms now! Volunteer information and locations will be shared on Wednesday.
Please direct any questions to TagDay@masonbandboosters.com
MASON BAND IS GIVING BACK!
We will still be collecting donations for the Comet Cupboard through Thursday July 29th at History Night. This organization is run by local Girl Scouts and provides weekend food packs to food insecure Mason students. Their top Most requested items are:
Cans of Chili
Cans of Tuna
Jelly (no glass bottles)
Chef Boyardee -pop top
Cans of soup - pop top
The section collecting the most items per marcher will receive a special treat! Thanks to all families who have donated already!
BAND CAMP PHOTOS ON SMUGMUG!
Our talented photo committee has been working hard to capture wonderful memories of our student events & activities. Check out our Smug Mug site where you can download photos for free and order prints/buttons/etc. Photos are being added regularly. Here are direct links to folders from recent events. Email email@example.com if you need the password.
PLANNING DINNER AHEAD???
Our next Dine and Donate will be Wednesday, August 18th between 5:00pm and 9:00pm at Chipotle Mason Montgomery.
STUDENTS MUST BE IN GOOD FINANCIAL STANDING TO PARTICIPATE IN BAND CAMP
Reminder: The second Marching Band Student Experience Fee is due August 1st. This fee is payable to Mason Band Boosters.
You may pay for both the Consumable fee and the Experience Fees via credit card on Charms or bring a check with you to Band Camp and put it in the Band Dop Box. You can learn more about how to pay the fees in the following link: How to Pay Band Fees.
ERROR MESSAGE WHEN PAYING FEES THROUGH CHARMS
It has been brought to our attention that some families are receiving a message stating “there was an error in your payment process” when attempting to pay experience or consumable fees through Charms. Despite this error message, many of the payments have actually been processed. If this happens to you, you should first check your charms financial statement to confirm if the payment was received before attempting to pay a second time. If you do think there is an error, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org before you attempt to make another payment. This will help ensure that you do not pay your fees twice. Thank you for your patience while we try to troubleshoot this problem.
SEND YOUR ELECTRONIC FORMS TO THE RIGHT PLACE!!!!
Please make sure you are sending your electronic forms to the right place for accurate & timely processing! Thank you!
- Upload PPE Physicals directly into Final Forms
- Send Central OTC DMS forms to Registration@MasonBandBoosters.com
- Send Student Care Plan Forms to MedicalSecretary@MasonBandBoosters.com
Please refer to this LINK where you can find all the latest information regarding Medication, Physicals & Student Care Plans.
UPCOMING BAND AID / CHAPERONE MENTAL HEALTH TRAINING
Thanks to all of the Band Aids, Chaperones, and Staff who attended the QPR (Suicide Prevention Training) Monday. It was wonderful to see all of you invest your time and energy into learning about such an important topic as suicide prevention. We hope to see you all again on Monday for an additional mental health training opportunity.
- Anxiety / Mental Wellness: Monday, July 26th, 7pm-8pm, Mason HS- KIVA (second floor above the main entrance) Session in anxiety mitigation strategies for the Staff, Band Aids and Chaperones. A therapist from Mason’s mental health partner, CCHMC, will lead the training.
- Last Chance: Annual Band Aid /Chaperone Training--Monday, July 26th Immediately following the Anxiety Session. This is the make-up training date and will immediately follow the Anxiety session. If you attended the May Band Aid/Chaperone training via zoom, you do not need to attend (this is the same content).
- Online QPR Training---If you missed the QPR training, our training partner 1N5 is offering several free QPR training sessions online in August and September. All Band Aids are required to have suicide prevention training and all chaperones and other interested adults are welcome to register directly with IN5 for this training. Participation is limited to 25 per session and is open to all adults in the community. To sign-up, please go to their website: 1N5 Online QPR Training
If you have any questions about the training please contact Mindy, Travel@Masonbandboosters.com
MARCHING BAND REMIND GROUPS
In addition to our weekly emails, there will be Remind groups available for this season, for each section of the band and parents within that section. These text updates will be used for rehearsal updates, changes due to weather, travel/arrival updates, and any other last minute information that is important.
Please Click this Link to join the 2021 Remind Student and Parent Text Groups:
CLICK HERE FOR REMIND GROUP INFORMATION
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES AVAILABLE OVER THE SUMMER
Be sure to check out Summer 2021 Resources for Mason Families for mental wellness resources for your student and your family.
**PLEASE NOTE** If your child is at immediate risk for harm to self or others, call 911 or take them to the nearest emergency room.
Children’s Hospital Liberty Campus (closest emergency room specializing in those 18 and younger) 7777 Yankee Road, Liberty Township, OH 45044, Phone: 513-803-9307
If your child is not at immediate risk, however you are unsure how to proceed, contact:
Children’s Hospital Psychiatric Intake Response Center at 513-636-4124, Warren County Crisis Hotline at 1-877-695-6333, or the 24 hour National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255.