Band Notes, February 28, 2021
Sunday, February 28
- Marching Band Launch Meeting Tonight Via Zoom!! (Details below)
- 7:00pm Prospective New members
- 7:45pm Both New and Returning members
Monday, March 1
- Jazz 2 Rehearsal 2:45 pm - 4:15 pm
- Skills Guard Rehearsal 7pm - 9pm, MECC
- Winter Drumline Rehearsal 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Virtual Solo and Ensemble Submissions Due
Tuesday, March 2
- Jazz 1 Rehearsal 2:45 pm - 4:15 pm
- Wind Symphony Rehearsal - 6-8pm
- Winter Guard Rehearsal 6pm - 9pm, MECC
Thursday, March 4
- Symphonic Band Rehearsal 2:45 - 4:45 pm
- Winter Guard Rehearsal 6pm-9pm, MECC
Saturday, March 6
- Mason Middle School Symphonic Winds, Concert Festival (See details below)
- Report 8 am, Mason High School Auditorium
- Performance 9 am, Dismissal 10:30 am
- Concert White, Concert Festival (See details below)
- Report 10 am, Large Commons Area A
- Performance 10:30 am - 11:30 am
- Concert Winds, Concert Festival (See details below)
- Report 12 pm, Choir Room
- Performance 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
- Symphonic Winds, Concert Festival (See details below)
- Report 1:30 pm, Large Commons Area B
- Performance 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- Wind Symphony, Concert Festival (See details below)
- Report 3:00 pm, Band Room
- Performance 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Future planned events can be found on the updated band calendar: Mason Band Calendar
MARCHING BAND 2021 LAUNCH TONIGHT!
Please join us tonight for the launch for Marching Band 2021! There will be two back-to-back Zoom meetings to launch the upcoming new season, including important schedule and financial information. The Marching Band 2021 Commitment Form and Commitment Fee are due March 19, 2021. Please plan to join this informative meeting to help launch the new season! Zoom Link can be found in email sent earlier this week or tonight's band note email.
7:00pm --Prospective New Members Only
7:45pm-- Both Returning and Prospective New Members
MASON CONCERT BAND IN PERSON FESTIVAL MARCH 6TH, 2021
We are excited to announce the details of our March 6th, in person Concert Band Festival. Due to the pandemic, this year’s event will only include ensembles from Mason City Schools. The annual Cincinnati Regional Concert Band Festival, hosted by the Mason Bands and sponsored by Music for All, will resume in 2022. This year’s event will be held on March 6th in the Mason High School Auditorium and will feature the MMS Symphonic Winds, MHS Concert White, MHS Concert Winds, MHS Symphonic Band, and the MHS Wind Symphony. Please click the link below for additional information regarding tickets, fees, parking, concert attire, etc. We kindly ask that you pay fees as soon as possible.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED MARCH 6TH FOR MASON BAND FESTIVAL
Parents, we will need help with our March 6th Regional Concert Band Event. If you are available, and can lend a helping hand, please consider volunteering. CLICK HERE to see a list of jobs, and to sign up. You can volunteer during your student’s scheduled concert band window without missing the chance to see their entire performance and clinic.
CONGRATULATIONS MHS WINTER GUARD!
The MHS Winter Guard competed in their first competition of the season at James Trent Arena in Kettering, OH last night. The students gave a stunning performance of their 2021 Competition Show, “Believe”. There are no placements this year, but the students received a Superior (1) rating, the highest rating possible! Congratulations on a tremendous first showing!
The next performances will be for all Winter Guard families on Saturday, March 13 at the MMS Arena and will feature all of our Mason Color Guards - MHS Competition and Skills Guard and the MMS Winter Guard. Details will be sent to all winter guard families in the next week.
SAVE THE DATE!! - BAND BOOSTERS GENERAL MEETING
Please mark your calendars and plan to attend the first Band Boosters General Meeting on Wednesday, March 10, 2021 at 7pm. While we would love to have an in person option for this meeting, with the ongoing pandemic concerns, we continue to hold all Booster meetings via Zoom until further notice. We look forward to connecting with you all and we will see you on 3/10!!
MEMORY BOOK & PANO/SECTION PHOTO PICKUP - SAT MARCH 6th
We are excited to confirm that our Marching Band 2020 Memory Books and Pano/Section photos are in! If you placed an order, your student’s items are being distributed as follows:
- All Winter Guard & Skills Guard members can pick up their orders during rehearsal.
- All other students and families can pick up their orders during the Concert Band Festival on Saturday, March 6th between 11:00 am - 6:00 pm. Even if your student isn’t participating in the concert festival, you should plan to pick up your student’s order that day.
VIRTUAL SOLO AND ENSEMBLE
This year, the Ohio Music Education Association will be holding a virtual solo and ensemble event in place of the in person event normally held at Lakota West High School. Being that this event is virtual this year, the registration process is very different. Please CLICK HERE for more information. All registration and submission instructions can be found in the document. Virtual Solo and Ensemble registration and submissions due by March 1.
SPRING SENIOR AWARDS NIGHT
The school sent a communication this week about senior award’s night on April 27th and April 28th. These do conflict with current band end of year concert dates. The directors are aware of the conflict, and we are working actively toward a solution.