Band Notes Dec 12, 2021
Monday, December 13
- Symphonic Band Woodwind Sectional 2:45-4:15pm; MHS Band Room (Woodwind instruments only)
- Competitive WG Uniform Sizing - 6-7pm MMS Wrestling Room (enter Arena Doors)
- Competitive WG Rehearsal 7-9pm (8-9pm, Rifle Only)- MMS Arena
Tuesday, December 14
- Symphonic Band Brass Sectional 2:45-4:15pm; MHS Band Room (Brass instruments only)
- 8th Grade, Bell 1 Concert 7pm; MMS Auditorium
- MMS Symphonic Winds Concert 8pm; MMS Auditorium
- Competitive WG Rehearsal 6-9pm - MMS Arena
Wednesday, December 15
- 7th Grade, Bell 2 Concert 6:30 pm; MMS Auditorium
- 7th Grade, Bell 3 Concert 7:30 pm; MMS Auditorium
- 7th Grade, Bell 6 Concert 8:30 pm; MMS Auditorium
- Competitive WG Rehearsal 6-9pm - Mason Intermediate 56 Gym
- Competitive WG Fee #1 $250 Due via EZPay
Monday, December 27
- Competitive Winter Guard Camp - 11am-6pm, MMS Arena
Tuesday, December 28
- Competitive Winter Guard Camp - 9am-4pm, MMS Arena
Monday December 20- Monday, January 3
- No band except for Winter Guard Camp (see above); Have a Wonderful Winter Break and a Happy New Year!
Future planned events can be found on the updated band calendar: Mason Band Calendar
CONGRATS TO THE STUDENTS SELECTED FOR THE 2022 COMPETITIVE WINTER GUARD!
The Competitive Winter Guard will be performing in the Mid-East Performance Association (MEPA) circuit as well as the Winter Guard International (WGI) circuit. Be on the lookout for performance dates so you can come cheer them on. Congratulations to all who auditioned. We are so proud of all of you!
Be on the lookout for information coming in January on the Winter Guard Performance Ensemble and Middle School Winter Guard Ensembles!
CONGRATS TO OUR STUDENTS SELECTED FOR THE OMEA DISTRICT XIII HONOR BAND!
Congratulations to all of our band students that auditioned this weekend for OMEA Honor Band! Whether you were selected or not this year, we are proud of you for challenging yourself and auditioning. We look forward to hosting rehearsals and concerts for all of the Honor Bands in January!
Fantastic job to our Concert Green/Silver, Concert White, Concert Winds, and Wind Symphony who put on phenomenal performances this past Tuesday night. It was an enjoyable evening showcasing the talent of our student musicians. Thank you for allowing us to see the efforts of your hard work of the school year thus far. You were all incredible!
MEMORY BOOK DISTRIBUTION
If you did not pick up your memory book this past week and you did not make a special pickup plan with Lisa Oldham, books will be distributed by Directors in class (for those in Concert Band) and by Shannon Wielinga (for those in Color Guard). Special thanks to Nancy Riley & Gina Marshall for their amazing work putting these books together! If you have any questions, please email VP-Marketing@masonbandboosters.com.
POINSETTIA SALE - THANK YOU!
The Mason Bands hosted another successful fundraiser to help support all students in all Mason Bands from 6th to 12th! The rainy December evening did not stop the laughs and support from all our generous volunteers. Thank you to our winter flower volunteers: Sydney Anthos, Micki Gonzalez, Tonya Burkardt, and Mansi Srivastava. Special thanks to Ellen Foss & Jennifer Schwartzkopf for their flawless coordination!
WIND SYMPHONY KANSAS CITY TOUR UPDATE
SYMPHONIC BAND CLEVELAND OMEA TRIP UPDATE
The commitment form and fee structure for the Symphonic Band trip are now live! Please read below for important forms, fees and deadlines.
Resources from the original Travel Meeting on Zoom:
1) PDF of Slides from the Meeting: CLICK HERE
2) Video of the Zoom Meeting: CLICK HERE
3) FAQ Document: CLICK HERE
SMUG MUG PHOTOS - CHECK THEM OUT!
Our amazing Photo Corps have been capturing images all season. These photos are available for you to view/download for free from our SmugMug Site here. Check out these recent Galleries: Awards Night. Grand Nationals: Send Off, Prelims, Semi-Finals, Finals, Bullseye
If you need the password, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org a band director OR Online via: CHARMS