Band Notes, August 30, 2020
Sunday, August 30
- Last Day to order Tour Shirts! (Order Here)
Monday, August 31
- MB Full Band - 3:15-6:15pm (see below for after school arrival and wellness screening procedures!)
- Pep Band 1 - 9/28 Game Ticket Refunds (FINAL OPPORTUNITY) - 5:30-6:15pm near Small Commons entrance
- Travel Fee/Consumable Fee Refund Check Pickup--5:45-6:15pm near Small Commons entrance
Tuesday, September 1
- MB Full Band, 6-9PM (NOTE NEW TIME: All arrival and wellness checks begin at 5:40)
- MB Fee #3 DUE to School via EZPay.
- Travel Fee/Consumable Fee Refund Check Pickup--8:30-9:00pm near rehearsal.
Wednesday, September 2
- Guard Rehearsal, 6-9PM (arrival and wellness checks begin at 5:40pm)
Thursday, September 3
- MB Brass and Woodwinds, 3:15-6:15pm (see below for after school arrival and wellness screening procedures!)
- MB Percussion, 6-9pm (arrival and wellness checks begin at 5:40pm)
Friday, September 4
- MB Full Band, 3:15-6:15pm (see below for after school arrival and wellness screening procedures!)
Saturday, September 5-Monday, September 7
- Labor Day Weekend! Have a great and SAFE Holiday Weekend!
Future planned events can be found on the updated band calendar: Mason Band Calendar
Open Board Position - Vice President of Fundraising
Due to a recent resignation, we are looking for someone to fill the Vice President of Fundraising position on the booster board. Additionally we want to identify anyone not interested in serving on the board, but who would like to play a key role in helping with the upcoming car raffle, and fall sale.
The Vice President of Fundraising will serve until the end of the calendar year and since this is more than two months, would be presented for approval by vote of the boosters. This is a great opportunity for anyone with an interest in serving on the booster board but with a much shorter commitment than a full year.
From the BY-Laws: Vice President of Fundraising:
The Vice President of Fundraising shall:
- Serve as the chairperson of the Fundraising Committee.
- Responsible for all major fundraising events, including but not limited to Tag Day, Seasonal Fundraisers and Car Wash. May select a chairperson to be responsible for each major fundraising event.
- Perform all duties assigned by the President or Executive Committee.
- Perform all duties designated by the By-Laws, and Standing Rules of the Mason Band Boosters, Inc.
If interested in the VP position, or helping with fundraisers, please visit this form: https://forms.gle/wBAdn7hRGY2Tb8qYA
September 9 & 23 will be individual marching band pictures. An email will be sent this week with details on how to sign up for your picture and how to order your packages!
A senior tradition each year is to print headshots in the Mason Invitational program with a short note of encouragement written by parents/guardians. This year is a little different of course, so instead of a printed program, we will be providing an electronic version of the program available for download at the showcase event. Senior parents please complete this google form by 9/20 - https://forms.gle/Q5g8bRDrVBtHZVvq7
FYI, Banner images were approved yesterday and sent to the printer today! Be on the lookout as you should see them on the fence within the next week!
ARRIVAL PROCEDURES FOR AFTER SCHOOL REHEARSALS
This week will be our first after school Marching Band rehearsal. We will start Monday with the following plan and will learn how the traffic flows and communicate any updates to the process before Thursday’s rehearsal.
All MHS students must leave the building after school from an exit close to their 7th bell class. Once they walk around to either the Small Commons or Music Entrance they may reenter the building and go to their assigned music storage space to gather their rehearsal supplies. They may use this time to change, use the restroom, eat a personal snack and fill their water bottles at the outside water bottle filler. They should be preparing for rehearsal and not gathering in groups.
If your student is working remotely or has early release they should target returning to campus between 2:50-3:00. Students may park in the Music Lot and Parents may drop off near the Music Entrance and Small Commons.
2:50-3:05 -- Wellness Checks Outside (if good weather or indoor rain locations as needed)
Students must do the Wellness Check to participate as part of the attendance process.
LAST CHANCE - ORDER YOUR TOUR SHIRTS!
Tour shirts are on sale now through August 30th! Order yours before it’s too late!
MARCHING BAND SCHOOL FEE #3 - DUE 9/1
Just a reminder for those that have not yet paid, the LAST of the MB School Fee installment payment of $250 is due THIS TUESDAY, 9/1. Please go to https://www.spsezpay.com/Mason/login.aspx to complete your payment if you haven’t done so already!
REMINDER: Even if you have a refund from the Travel Fee, you may still need to pay the final School Fee.
MARCHING BAND TRAVEL FEE REFUND/CONSUMABLES UPDATE
Each family will receive an updated financial statement via Charms this week. If you would like to review the financial statement online, you can log-on to Charms. This link walks you through how to access your current statement:
You will find adjusted Consumable fees and refund activity in the Miscellaneous Ledger if you paid Travel Fee #2 and the Consumable Fee. This update will reflect the information shared in the Recommitment Form (including jacket orders, shoe orders, shorts refunds and competition uniform refunds) to reflect the reimagined season. Here’s is a sample of how that information will appear on your statement:
Families that paid their Travel Fee or Consumable Fee by credit card who are getting a refund, should have received that refund via a credit to their card this week.
Families that paid their Travel Fee or Consumable Fee by check who are getting a refund may pick up their refund check at Refund Pickup Monday, 5:45-6:15pm or Tuesday 8:30-9:00pm at the end of rehearsal. The parent or guardian must pick up the refund check from the finance team.