Band Notes, August 23, 2020
No matter how you are going back to school this week, we hope everyone has a safe and wonderful first week! We know our Band and Guard students got this! Be the example and show them how it’s done!
TONIGHT, Sunday August 23
- Optional Parent Football and School Opening Information Zoom Meeting. Sunday, August 23 at 7:00 PM. A chance to learn and ask your questions about the updated football/pep band plan and return to school plan for the fall. See Band Notes email for Zoom Link.
Monday, August 24
- No MB Rehearsal (change to previous schedule)
Tuesday, August 25
- MB Full Band, 6-9PM (arrival and wellness checks begin at 5:30 Guard/Percussion and 5:40 for Brass/Woodwinds)
- Pep Band 1 Football Ticket Payment/Pick Up, 8:30-9:00 pm (cash or check accepted)
Wednesday, August 26
- Guard Rehearsal, 6-9PM (arrival and wellness checks begin at 5:40pm)
- Section T-Shirt Design Ideas Due!
Thursday, August 27
- MB Full Band, 6-9PM (arrival and wellness checks begin at 5:30 for Guard/Percussion and 5:40 for Brass/Woodwinds)
- Pep Band 1 Football Ticket Payment/ Pick Up, 8:30-9:00 pm (cash or check accepted)
Friday, August 28
- MB Full Band, 4:30 pm Rehearsal
- 5:45 Dinner --Provided by Boosters (Pizza, Apples, Gatorade)
- MB Full Band Pregame; Pep Band 1
Saturday, August 29
- MB Full Band, 1:30-9pm (arrival and wellness checks begin at 1:15pm for Guard/Percussion and 1:30 for Brass/Woodwinds)
Future planned events can be found on the updated band calendar: Mason Band Calendar
REHEARSALS THIS WEEK
Schedule for the week
FIRST FOOTBALL GAME - THIS FRIDAY, AUGUST 28!
Please refer to the email that was sent yesterday or CLICK HERE for information on the 2020 Football games and schedule. Remember all students will participate in the Pre-Game and only students in Pep Band 1 will remain and play pep tunes for the football game. All other students will be dismissed at the school following the pregame performance. If you have any questions, we encourage you to attend the Zoom meeting TONIGHT at 7pm. See above for information!
A Google form for families eligible to purchase tickets for Pep Game 1 will be emailed by tomorrow. You will need to complete this form in order to purchase tickets. We only have so many tickets available for each game. Ticket pick up will be on Tuesday and Thursday evening this week from 8:30-9pm during rehearsal. We will have a table set up outside. Tickets can be purchased with cash (please try to have exact change) or check made payable to Mason City Schools. There will be no credit card option to pay so please plan accordingly. Tickets not picked up by Thursday night will be made available to families on the Pep Game 1 waitlist.
TOUR SHIRTS AVAILABLE NOW!
Tour shirts are on sale now through August 30th! Order yours before it’s too late!
MARCHING BAND TRAVEL FEE REFUND/CONSUMABLES UPDATE
Families will receive an updated financial statement by 9/1/2020 that shares their new Consumable Fee. This update will reflect the information shared in the Recommitment Form (including jacket orders, shoe orders, shorts refunds and competition uniform refunds) to reflect the reimagined season. Travel Fee #2 refunds will also be processed at that time. If you already paid the Consumable Fee, refunds for the Consumables will be processed along with Travel Fee #2. The new due date for the revised Consumable Fee will be 9/15/2020.
FROM THE UNIFORM CREW
For the football game this Friday, marchers will need to wear their Summer Uniform. As a reminder, summer uniform for Marchers consists of the following:
- Mason Bands polo
- Black uniform shorts
- Black belt
- Black sneakers
- Black or no-show socks
If you ordered black shorts for your summer uniform- due to COVID shutdowns in manufacturing, the vendor does not have any of our uniform shorts in stock this season. If you have already paid for them, you will be refunded as part of the Consumable Fee. If you have not paid, your consumables fee will be adjusted.
For your summer uniform, you may purchase your own black shorts. Please make sure they are an appropriate length and fit properly (no spandex shorts!). You will need black shorts (or as dark as you can find) for the football game THIS FRIDAY!
If you ordered a green polo and have not yet received it, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE NOON TOMORROW (Monday, 8/24)!!!
REMINDER - MARCHING BAND GOOGLE ATTENDANCE FORM
Just a reminder as we begin the school year to be sure you are completing the MB Google Attendance Form for each rehearsal you will be absent from, including late arrivals and early departures. Please be sure to hit the “submit” button and ensure you receive an email confirmation of the submission. Please complete this form as soon as you know you will be absent from rehearsal.