Band Notes Aug 22, 2021
Monday, August 22
- Full Band Rehearsal, 3pm to 6pm
Tuesday, August 23
- Full Band Rehearsal, 6pm to 9pm
- Raffle Ticket Drop off/Pick up - Near Rehearsal 8-9:15pm
Wednesday, August 24
- No Band
Thursday, August 25
- Brass and Woodwinds, 3pm to 6pm
- Color Guard and Percussion, 6pm to 9pm
Friday, August 26
- Full Band Rehearsal 3pm to 5pm
- Dinner on Campus 5pm (Meal will be provided by Band Boosters and McDonald’s)
- Home Football game 6:30pm to approximately 9:30pm (See typical schedule below. Any timing updates will be sent through Parent Remind)
Saturday, August 27
- Full Band Rehearsal, 1pm to 4:30 pm
- Dinner Break, 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm (Students should pack their dinner or have it dropped off at school; Students may not leave campus.
- Full Band Rehearsal 5:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Raffle Ticket Drop Off/Pick up - Near Rehearsal - 8-9:15pm
Future planned events can be found on the updated band calendar: Mason Band Calendar
FIRST ANNUAL MASON BANDS FALL MUM SALE!
Our first annual Mason Band fall Mum sale is underway! This Sale benefits students in all band classes in Grades 6-12 with music purchases, classroom items, guest clinicians to work with our students, and more! Please be sure to share the details with your friends and family! ORDER HERE!
Ordering Window closes on 8/31/21, so don’t delay!
Those that purchase items have two options for delivery:
1) Select a Band Family to deliver to them. Ask your friends and family that you wish to offer this option, to put your student’s name in the “which band family referred you?” question. You will then pick up these orders and deliver them to anyone who selects this option.
2) Delivered DIRECTLY to the address provided on September 10th or 11th for a $15 service charge - Mason, Ohio area only.
Band families should plan to pick up any flowers ordered in support of their student on Friday, September 10th from 5:30pm - 8:00pm in the Small Commons. We ask that you deliver them to the friends and family who helped to support our band that weekend. Flowers can also be directly delivered for a $15 fee. We appreciate your support of our band program!
CAR RAFFLE LAUNCHED THIS WEEK!
We are so excited to have announced the launch of our 2021 Mason Bands Car Raffle this past week! We are once again partnering with our wonderful sponsor, Lincoln of Cincinnati, to feature a Grand Prize of a 2021 Lincoln Nautilus AWD Reserve SUV! This fundraiser is a very important one for our organization as it helps provide some much needed funds to help with the expenses of our programs as well as allows us to reach outside of our band family and community to help raise funds! WE NEED EACH AND EVERY FAMILY TO HELP REACH OUR GOAL OF SELLING 3000 TICKETS AND TO GIVE AWAY A FABULOUS VEHICLE OR A CASH PRIZE!
Please see the attached flyer for specific information on the raffle and purchasing tickets. Please share this with friends and family as well to help promote the raffle!
Ticket Drop off/Pick Up Times for this week:
Tuesday, 8/24 - 8-9:15pm near rehearsal
Saturday, 8/28 - 8-9:15pm near rehearsal
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Raffle Period - Raffle runs NOW through October 9th OR until 3000 tickets are sold...whichever comes first!
- Drawing - Saturday, October 9th, 2021 at the Mason Invitational, Atrium Stadium Dwire Field Mason, OH. Need not be present to win!
- Ticket Prices - 1 ticket-$50 or 3 for $100 (to same individual).
- Grand Prize - 2021 Lincoln Nautilus Reserve AWD SUV or a cash prize!
- 2nd Place Prize - $1000 cash; 3rd Place Prize - $500 Cash
- Help Us Sell Tickets! - We are asking each family to sell at least 6 tickets. You can purchase these for yourself OR sell them to friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, etc. We welcome you to sell as many as you can! Purchasers must be18 years of age and residents of the State of Ohio! See Mason Bands Car Raffle Rules and Regulations for more information!
- Future Ticket Drop Off/Pick up - We will be having drop off and pick up opportunities throughout the 7 week sales window generally on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
- Spread the Word! - Share on social media (look for Mason Bands posts to share), call friends and family, ask co-workers. This is a great way to support the Band while getting the chance to win a really great prize!
- Buy Ticket Online - You can also refer Friends and Families to purchase tickets online! Please click here for online order form: https://form.jotform.com/Masonbands/LincolnRaffle
- Only 3000 Tickets Will Be Sold- this includes online AND in-person tickets. So get your completed entries along with payment turned in as soon as possible so you don’t miss out on the opportunity to win some great prizes!
- Adults Only Please - Since the ticket sales are restricted to those 18 years and older, so should the people selling the tickets. That includes pick up of tickets and dropping off completed entries with payment.
- Participate in the Driven to Give Event on 9/11 - More information is coming but this is an opportunity for us to earn an ADDITIONAL $8,000 on top of the raffle proceeds just for test driving a Lincoln Vehicle!
Questions? - Please direct those to email@example.com.
Look for a 2021 Lincoln Nautilus on the corner of Mason-Montgomery and Tylersville (MMS parking lot)!!
Thank you so much for your help!
LET’S GET OUT THERE AND SELL OUR 3000 TICKETS!
CODE OF CONDUCT REMINDER
Families, please remind your students that they are to adhere to the Mason Marching Band Code of Conduct as outlined in the 2021 Marching Band Handbook and agreed to as part of the Commitment Form you completed during the registration process, especially when we are representing the Band and Color Guard in Uniform at an event and on social media, including personal social media accounts! Here is the excerpt from the handbook:
All band members shall abide by a Code of Conduct, which will earn them the honor and respect that participation in the Co-Curricular Music Program affords. Any conduct that results in dishonor to the musician, the Marching Band, or the school will not be tolerated. Acts of unacceptable conduct include but are not limited to theft, vandalism, disrespect, violations of law or inappropriate use or communication on social media. Tarnishing the reputation of those associated with Mason City Schools and the Music Program will not be tolerated.
SECOND HOME FOOTBALL GAME THIS FRIDAY NIGHT!
The Marching Band had a great debut performance under the lights and enthusiastically supported the football team to a victory over Lincoln Gahanna! This Friday the Comets take on Centerville and the band will again perform pregame and a portion of their competition show at half time. Students will wear Summer Uniforms. They should bring their summer uniform with them to school so they can change into it prior to the game (see schedule link below).
Dinner this Friday is in partnership with Band Sponsor McDonald’s. Dinner will include a choice of McDouble (double hamburger) or Crispy Chicken Sandwich, sliced apples, chocolate chip cookie and choice of packaged chips. Students with identified special dietary needs will receive an email with a Google Form outlining the options early this week that meet their needs and the opportunity to select their preferences. If you have questions about a special dietary need or Friday’s meal, please email Mindy at Travel @Masonbandboosters.com
Mason Bands Football Primer--Key Things to know:
For more detailed information about football games please refer to last week’s Band Notes or go to the following link and scroll down to the section about games. https://www.masonbands.com/ensembles/marching-band/travel-and-performances/
If you have questions about Friday, feel free to contact Mindy Travel@MasonBandBoosters.com
Varsity Football Ticket Information!
A reminder to our new families, tickets are required for anyone who wishes to enter the stadium to watch the game (and the band’s pregame and half-time performances).
Thursday & Friday - The Comet Zone will be selling $5.00 pre-sale tickets for STUDENTS ONLY.
Tickets online and at the game will be $8.00 for EVERYBODY. Students should take advantage of the presale at the Comet Zone!
The online option for tickets - https://gofan.co/app/school/OH1441
If you choose the online option, you MUST have the GoFan app on your phone to present tickets at the gate to be verified.
TAILGATE BEFORE THE GAME WITH YOUR FELLOW BAND FAMILIES!
You are invited to tailgate with other band families before the football game on Friday Night weather permitting. Food and drinks will not be provided. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted. Please join in the fun and meet us just west of the bus circle at 5:30pm. The picture below highlights the location in yellow. We will then walk up to the stadium to watch the kids play in front of the atrium before the pregame show. We hope to tailgate before every home football game.
THANK YOU SUBWAY!
Thank you Harry Patel & Downtown Mason Subway for feeding our band a delicious meal for our first football game of the season! We are grateful for your partnership in making sure the band was well fueled for a long and fun night.
PARKING LOT SAFETY
Just a friendly reminder to be careful in the parking lot during drop-off and pick-up. Please remember the Music Lot traffic travels in one direction (see below). During pick-up, please park in a spot if you can, or pull all the way up past the music entrance so other parents can pick up their student as well. We kindly ask that you please travel slowly through the lot. There are often students walking to or from their cars and new drivers learning to navigate the lot. Please be especially mindful when it is dark. Our band kids are precious to us and we want to ensure their safety!
VIDEO/SOCIAL MEDIA REMINDER
We are so proud of the marching band’s hard work at band camp! As a reminder, please do not post any videos of the band on public websites (YouTube) or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc) at this time. This also includes pictures of the props and competition uniforms. This is particularly important for our competition show in order to maintain competitive integrity and for copyright reasons. We want the audience and judges to see our show for the first time at competitions, so that they can enjoy the hard work of our students in a live setting. You are more than welcome to capture your own videos and share with family using a “private” link or message.
PHOTOS AVAILABLE ON SMUG MUG
Our talented photo committee is capturing wonderful memories of our students from camps, rehearsals & events. Here is a direct link to the football game photos on our Smug Mug site. You can download photos for free and order prints/buttons/etc. Photos are being added regularly. If you need the password, send an email to Photo@masonbandboosters.com
SAVE THE DATE: HERITAGE FESTIVAL PARADE IS BACK 9/18
Saturday, September 18th the Marching Band will participate in Mason’s Heritage Day Parade! For planning, students should plan on a 9-5pm day with the band. The parade starts at 10am in Downtown Mason and continues toward the Mason Municipal Center. There is parade viewing along the route and parade entries do a brief presentation at the Municipal Center. Please plan to come out and enjoy the return of the community parade.
Immediately following the parade, the band will stage their annual group panorama photo and section photos up at the stadium. Parents will have an opportunity to order these photos through the photo committee. Students will stay on campus for lunch (BYO) and then rehearse in the afternoon until 5pm.
The combined Heritage Day and Red Rhythm and Boom event will be active and busy on the high school campus 9/18. The Red Rhythm and Boom food vendors and activities open at 4pm with free headliner performances from Craig Campbell at 6pm and Clint Black at 8:30pm.
SAVE THE DATE! FAMILY SHOWCASE/SENIOR NIGHT
We are pleased to announce that we will be having a Family Showcase/Senior Night event EXCLUSIVELY for Mason Marching Band families, alumni and guests the evening of Friday, October 1st. Please mark the date on your calendars! Last year was the first time we hosted our own Showcase and Senior Night just for band families, past and present, and it turned out to be a really wonderful and casual event to celebrate our Band and especially, our Seniors! Exact times and details will be communicated at a later date, but we wanted to communicate the date so you can plan ahead as you don't want to miss this! The event is also now on the Band calendar and if you haven't subscribed to the calendar yet, we recommend you to do so to keep up to date on all of the Band rehearsals and events. Instructions for subscribing to the Band calendar can be found by clicking HERE.
SCHOOL FEE #3 DUE SEPTEMBER 1
Reminder: The FINAL Marching Band School Fee of $250 is DUE 9/1 .
This fee is payable to Mason City Schools and can be paid via EZ pay or via Check dropped in the Band Drop Box. You can learn more about how to pay the fees in the following link: How to Pay Band Fees.
Please help us manage our program efficiently by paying your fees on time. Students who are not in good standing in September will not be able to preference their travel bus seating.
STUDENT PHYSICALS MUST REMAIN CURRENT ALL SEASON
If your student’s physical expires in Final Forms, they will not be able to participate in Marching Band rehearsals, football games, or events until a current physical with clearance to participate is uploaded. Make sure to download the PPE physician form prior to your student’s annual well check or if you need to get one done quickly, there are several options nearby such as Kroger Little Clinic, CVS Minute Clinic, etc.
BAND AID / CHAPERONE MENTAL HEALTH TRAINING
Online QPR Training---If you missed the QPR training, our training partner 1N5 is offering several free QPR training sessions online in August and September. All Band Aids are required to have suicide prevention training and all chaperones and other interested adults are welcome to register directly with IN5 for this training. Participation is limited to 25 per session and is open to all adults in the community. To sign-up, please go to their website: 1N5 Online QPR Training If you have any questions about the training, please contact Mindy, Travel@Masonbandboosters.com