Band Notes Aug 15, 2021
Monday, August 16
- Full Band Rehearsal, 3pm to 6pm
Tuesday, August 17
- Full Band Rehearsal, 6pm to 9pm
Wednesday, August 18
- No Band
- Dine and Donate 5:00pm - 9:00pm at Chipotle Mason Montgomery
Thursday, August 19
- Brass and Woodwinds, 3pm to 6pm
- Color Guard and Percussion, 6pm to 9pm
Friday, August 20
- Full Band Rehearsal 3pm to 5pm
- Dinner on Campus 5pm (Meal will be provided by Band Boosters and Subway)
- Home Football game 6:30pm to approximately 9:30pm (See typical schedule below. Any timing updates will be sent through Parent Remind)
Saturday, August 21
- Full Band Rehearsal, 1pm to 4:30pm
- Dinner Break, 4:30pm to 5:30pm (Students should pack their dinner or have it dropped off at school; Students may not leave campus)
- Full Band Rehearsal 5:30pm to 9:00pm
Future planned events can be found on the updated band calendar: Mason Band Calendar
FIRST HOME FOOTBALL GAME THIS FRIDAY NIGHT! GO MASON!
The Marching Band’s first 2021 public performance of the competition show will be this Friday night at half-time! Students will wear Summer Uniforms for the first home football game. They should bring their summer uniform with them to school so they can change into it prior to the game (see schedule below).
Dinner this Friday is in partnership with Band Sponsor Subway! The Boosters will provide students a Subway Sandwich, Pringles and Nabisco packaged cookies before the game. Students with identified special dietary needs received an email with a Google Form outlining the options this week that meet their needs and the opportunity to select their preferences. If you have a special dietary need and did not receive an email Sunday, please email Mindy at Travel@MasonBandboosters.com
A reminder to our new families, tickets are required for anyone who wishes to enter the stadium to watch the game (and the band’s pregame and half-time performances). Tickets can be purchased at the stadium immediately prior to the game or through the high school athletic office in advance.
If you have questions about Friday, feel free to contact Mindy Travel@MasonBandBoosters.com
Mason Bands Football Primer--Key Things to know:
- Students rehearse right after school and do not have time to leave campus. They should have their regular rehearsal gear and filled water bottle with them to keep hydrated throughout the evening on long Friday game nights.
- Students should bring both rehearsal and performance clothes (either summer uniform or what they wear under their uniform) to school on Friday. Directors will communicate in advance what uniform students will wear at the game.
- Students are not allowed to leave campus for dinner. The Band Boosters provides dinner for students on Friday nights between rehearsal and game time (except Family Tailgate Night). You may bring dinner to your student at 5:00 pm if you wish. Each week the dinner plan will be shared in the Sunday Band Notes.
- The Band plays in front of the Atrium before they enter the stands. If you want to see that, stay outside the football stadium at the entrance and then enter after they play the fight song,
- Parents not working to support the band at the game, have to purchase tickets to enter Atrium Stadium. Tickets may be purchased at the gate or in advance at the High School Athletic Office.
- Students will stay with the band through halftime performance and then have third quarter off to visit friends, family and the concession stand! The band will provide a water after half-time, but students need to bring money if they want anything at the concession stand.
- Students will return to the End Zone for the 4th quarter.
- Parents pick-up students at the High School after they have changed. Students will need time to put away all instruments and equipment and ensure their uniforms are properly put away.
Typical Friday Night Home Schedule - All Times are Approximate
TAILGATE BEFORE THE GAME WITH YOUR FELLOW BAND FAMILIES!
You are invited to tailgate with other band families before the football game on Friday Night weather permitting. Food and drinks will not be provided. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted. Please join in the fun and meet us just west of the bus circle at 5:30pm. The picture below highlights the location in yellow. We will then walk up to the stadium to watch the kids play in front of the Atrium before the pregame show. We hope to tailgate before every home football game.
CAR RAFFLE LAUNCHING THIS WEEK!
Get ready! We are so excited to be launching our 3rd Annual Mason Bands Car Raffle this week! In partnership with our wonderful Sponsor, Lincoln of Cincinnati, we will be raffling chances to win a BRAND NEW 2021 LINCOLN NAUTILUS AWD RESERVE SUV valued at over $54,000! We have to sell 3000 tickets to get there and we are going to need your help! This is a great fundraiser for us as it allows us to reach beyond our own pocket books and community to help fundraise! Please note that participants must be at least 18 years of age and be a resident of the State of Ohio to purchase tickets. You can take them to work, sell them to family members, friends, neighbors, etc.! Who wouldn’t want to win a luxury SUV or a ton of cash while helping our wonderful students and program at the same time?! Please be on the lookout for the Lincoln to be parked in the MMS parking lot on the corner of Tylersville and Mason-Montgomery Rd. and the launch email coming this week with information on how to pick up your tickets to sell, a link to online ticket sales and more!
In addition, please SAVE THE DATE as we will be partnering with Lincoln again to hold our 3rd Annual Driven to Give event on SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 11TH! Lincoln will donate up to $8000 to our organization! All we need you to do is come test drive a vehicle on that day. More details and sign-ups for time slots will be coming on that as well! This is a great way to help promote our sponsor while raising money for the Mason Band Boosters at the same time!
VIDEO/SOCIAL MEDIA REMINDER
We are so proud of the marching band’s hard work at band camp! As a reminder, please do not post any videos of the band on public websites (YouTube) or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc) at this time. This also includes pictures of the props and competition uniforms. This is particularly important for our competition show in order to maintain competitive integrity and for copyright reasons. We want the audience and judges to see our show for the first time at competitions, so that they can enjoy the hard work of our students in a live setting. You are more than welcome to capture your own videos and share with family using a “private” link or message.
SAVE THE DATE! FAMILY SHOWCASE/SENIOR NIGHT
We are pleased to announce that we will be having a Family Showcase/Senior Night event EXCLUSIVELY for Mason Marching Band families, alumni and guests the evening of Friday, October 1st. Please mark the date on your calendars! Last year was the first time we hosted our own Showcase and Senior Night just for band families, past and present, and it turned out to be a really wonderful and casual event to celebrate our Band and especially, our Seniors! Exact times and details will be communicated at a later date, but we wanted to communicate the date so you can plan ahead as you don't want to miss this! The event is also now on the Band calendar and if you haven't subscribed to the calendar yet, we recommend you to do so to keep up to date on all of the Band rehearsals and events. Instructions for subscribing to the Band calendar can be found by clicking HERE.
CHIPOTLE DINE AND DONATE THIS WEDNESDAY!
Take a day off from cooking and join us at our next Dine and Donate this Wednesday, August 18th between 5:00pm and 9:00pm at Chipotle Mason Montgomery.
SCHOOL FEE #3 DUE SEPTEMBER 1
Reminder: The FINAL Marching Band School Fee of $250 is DUE 9/1 .
This fee is payable to Mason City Schools and can be paid via EZ pay or via Check dropped in the Band Drop Box. You can learn more about how to pay the fees in the following link: How to Pay Band Fees.
Please help us manage our program efficiently by paying your fees on time. Students who are not in good standing in September will not be able to preference their travel bus seating.
BAND AID / CHAPERONE MENTAL HEALTH TRAINING
Online QPR Training---If you missed the QPR training, our training partner 1N5 is offering several free QPR training sessions online in August and September. All Band Aids are required to have suicide prevention training and all chaperones and other interested adults are welcome to register directly with IN5 for this training. Participation is limited to 25 per session and is open to all adults in the community. To sign-up, please go to their website: 1N5 Online QPR Training If you have any questions about the training, please contact Mindy, Travel@Masonbandboosters.com